Eligibility & ID
Participation in the Edmonton & Area Corporate Challenge is for company employees only. In order to ensure fairness, participants will be asked to produce identification at all sport competitions proving who they are and that they work for the company.
All sport competition participants must:
• be employed by the company at the time of the Games (full-time, part-time, contract)
• play for one company
• be 18 years of age or older
NOTE: You do NOT have to be employed by the company to participate in most Spirit, Fundraising, Community, or Special Event Activities.
WHO ELSE IS ELIGIBLE?
• Retired employees
• Parental and maternity leave employees
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE:
• professional (i.e. paid) athletes
• college or university-level athletes (playing in the previous school year – i.e. 2017/2018 athletes.
Athletes who meet the above criteria cannot compete in their designated sport but are free to take part in any other event within Corporate Challenge.
If there is still uncertainty about a particular employee’s eligibility or should your company have a unique situation regarding employee eligibility, you may request an exemption. Document your request and all pertinent information and forward this to the Corporate Challenge Office.
If a player is judged to be ineligible while in “play” he/she will be immediately ejected from the event and the team will be disqualified from play in that sport for rest of the 2018 Games.
NO ID – NO PLAY – NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
At each event, each day, your participating employees must register and present identification proving:
• Who they are (photo ID) and
• That they are employed by your company (corporate ID)
- Corporate ID
- Human Resource Letter*: A listing of participants (first and last name) signed by your Human Resources Director.
- Corporate ID card, business card, current pay stub
• Driver’s license, corporate ID card, passport
*HUMAN RESOURCE LETTER
In an effort to make the registration process easier for your athletes and volunteers, we highly recommend you provide a Human Resource letter signed by your Human Resources Director – ALPHABETIZED BY LAST NAME. This letter can then be carried by each Team Captain to prove each participant works for your company.