Detailed 2017 results available! See the Rules, Schedule and Info tab on this page.
DATE & TIME:
Saturday, June 2, 2018
9:30 am Briefing
10:00 am Mass Start
**Parking is limited so carpooling is recommended.**
See Rules, Schedules and Info tab
8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
- Registration will close immediately at 9:30am at which time all participants will be given an event briefing.
- All participants must register with picture ID and proof of employment.
- Please register together as 3 person team.
- Teams must bring a completed & signed Roster to Registration
- All participants must supply a cell phone # and/or home phone number, and license # of the car they brought to the site (if came by car)
- The race will be a relay event with each competitor running one leg consecutively.
- The start will be a mass start of the first leg runners.
- Each leg of the course will be approximately 3 km in length and each competitor should be able to complete their leg in less than one hour.
- All teams MUST have at least one team member wait at the finish line for their final member to finish.
- All Competitors must turn in their Racing Bib Tear-off and SI Card at the end of their race regardless if they cross the finish line. A rescue team may be called in to look for you if your racing bib is not turned in.
- Compasses are optional
SAMPLE MAP: (See Rules, Schedules and Info tab)
The sample orienteering map is for Educational purposes ONLY. NOT the actual map for Orienteering Orienteering Map Symbols Explained. To get used to reading a map in general. Once again, the above is NOT the actual map for this year
LEARN TO ORIENTEER
Interested in orienteering but want to get a grasp on the basics? We’ve got the course from you! The Edmonton Overlanders Orienteering Club has two options: four-week beginner course or two-week refresher for those with some experience. (See Rules page for details on the Learn to Orienteer program)
SPORT COORDINATOR: Al Nilson
If you have any questions or concerns please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org